Carrier Corp. is the world's leader in high technology, heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers.
Founded in 1902 by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier improves the world around us through engineered innovation and environmental stewardship. Headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Carrier has approximately 32,000 employees in more than 170 countries in six continents.
Carrier is a member of the United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX) family. UTC, based in Hartford, Conn., USA, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and building industries. UTC's products include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines, Sikorsky helicopters, Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace systems and industrial products, Otis elevators and escalators, UTC Fire & Security systems and UTC Power fuel cells. Also in the UTC family is a central research organization - the United Technologies Research Center - where industry leaders deliver the world's most advanced technologies, provide innovative thinking and conduct disciplined research for the UTC businesses.
This position will be responsible and accountable for day-to-day accounting activities. This person would ensure sound financial controls and accurate financial reporting to meet local, CCS Americas and WHQ deadlines. This role will be highly visible, interacting with local site leaders and CCS management.
- Month/Quarter/Year-End Close- prepare, review, and analyze required journal entries and schedules to close the books within the required time frame.
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting.
- Manage Sarbanes Oxley testing, compliance and tax reporting.
- Assist with Canadian/US tax package preparation.
- Responsible and accountable for complete analysis and reconciliation of key general ledger account activities including builder rebates, volume rebates, market fund co-op, excess & obsolete inventories, warranty, and inter-companies.
- Special ad hoc projects as assigned by Controller.
MBA/MS (finance/accounting preferred) with 2-3 years experience, or
- BA/BS degree (accounting required) with 3-5 years experience, or
CPA desirable, but not required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a history of influencing multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and anticipate needs.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual.
- Sound accounting knowledge with strong analytical and problem identification/resolution skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access, and experience in ERP platforms.
Carrier Corporation - 13 months ago
Carrier shouldered the load of keeping things hot and cold. The company was the world's largest maker of heating, air-conditioning, and...