The Accounting Analyst is responsible for retrieving electronic transaction and position files from various data providers and maintaining the data integrity in the various client databases for Orion Advisor Services Group, LLC ("OAS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”). This position is responsible for resolving issues and ensuring the client database reflects accurate and up-to-date information.
ACCOUNT IMPORT & RECONCILIATION
• Retrieves and imports prices for mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and variable annuities on a daily basis.
• Retrieves and imports transactions for all downloaded accounts.
• Maintains a list of daily and weekly downloaded accounts for each database.
• Maintains and verifies correct share balances by running balance checks (on a daily and monthly basis) and makes corrections to accounts, as needed.
• Monitors close of business day interface job schedules.
ACCOUNT DATA AUDITS
• Runs audit reports within client databases to inspect data and fix exception reports as needed.
• Monitors and reconciles scrub audits across Orion customer databases.
• Compares and evaluates data within electronic system against electronic files.
• Audits performance runs on client accounts highlighting unusual performance numbers; reviews and remedies all data issues discovered.
• Utilizes various alternatives and troubleshooting methods to fix issues found during audit reports within client database.
• Processes and confirms reconciliations on positions, transactions, prices, corporate actions and cost basis for Midland National Trades, IMA and Midland National Prices at close of business day.
• Ensures accuracy and timeliness of data.
• Runs maintenance programs as needed or requested.
• Processes multiple transaction and position files related to fund balances or assets held nightly.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Frequent contact with Account Managers regarding clarifications on questions, troubleshooting, etc.
• Occasional contact with vendors regarding data files and transmission of data, clarification on issues or problems, receipt and accuracy of data within the files, etc.
• Knowledge of investment accounting a plus
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective analytical, problem solving and 10-key calculator skills
• High school diploma required
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years in a role with accounting, problem solving or analytical-related experience or 1-2 years of experience within OAS or affiliated companies
• Experience in financial services industry preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC
- 21 months ago - save job