The University Center is seeking an efficient, highly detail-oriented Financial Assistant who will share our vision for the success of our department and the Division of Student Affairs as a whole. Successful candidate must support the financial processes for the University Center, including coordinating several financial functions, processing POs and JEs, running and distributing monthly financial reports, assisting with payroll and the budget process, providing assistance in the analysis of various revenue and expense categories, and reconciling the purchase card. This position will also spearhead financial projects on an as-needed basis as determined by the Director. Applicants with current or previous experience with Carnegie Mellon University financial systems highly preferred for this position. Work requires knowledge of policies, procedures and organization of the department, as well as exceptional ability in specialized office skills including creating and maintaining databases and handling confidential correspondence. The hiring department is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their work/life experiences, to the diversity of our academic community and our engagement with a multicultural student body. All applications received by March 10, 2014 will receive priority consideration.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and bookkeeping experience.
- Licenses: None.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience with bookkeeping or accounts payable processes.
- Ability to work with numbers and understand mathematics, ability to communicate instructions and work request to others
- Excellent data entry ability
- Ability to use various software packages
- Ability to use 10 key calculator and other office equipment
- Analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to understand and follow directions and ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles
- Physical Mobility: Normally sedentary position with some mobility; i.e., able to travel to and work at various campus locations. Ability to sit in front of CPU for long periods of time.
- Environmental Conditions: Normally work is conducted in usual office setting.
- Mental: Ability to meet deadlines, handle confidential data, deal with frequent interruptions and remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult individuals or situations.
- Other: Evening and week-end hours may be required.
- Education: Associate's degree preferred.
- Experience: Team lead experience preferred.
Regular Full Time
STUDENT AFFAIRS OPERATIONS
Minimum Education Level
Preferred Education Level
Associate's Degree or equivalent
12.93 - 15.38 US Dollars Hourly
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...