Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Perform a variety of routine basic bookkeeping and accounting duties including reconciling of various data, accepting payments over the counter and through the mail, financial record keeping, performing cashiering services, processing payments and preparing bank deposits; perform various payroll processing duties and respond to customer complaints and inquiries.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
High school diploma or GED supplemented by fifteen (15) credit hours of college-level course work in business, general studies or related field, plus two (2) years basic bookkeeping or accounting experience.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver’s license (Class D) by date of hire.
Possession of a valid City Operator’s Permit (COP) within 90 days from date of hire.
- Basic mathematical principles
- Operations, services and activities of a customer service program
- Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and posting
- Bookkeeping and accounting principles and techniques
- General procedures related to accounts payable and receivable
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public in handling complaints
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a typewriter, calculator and a computer
- Perform varied clerical work
- Learn to post amounts to various ledgers and prepare journal entries
- Accurately tabulate, record, and balance assigned transactions