Are you a numbers cruncher?
If you are the successful candidate, you role would be
to provide outstanding service to internal members and
to coordinate information from branch offices,
processors, banks, and outside entities to record all
daily accounting entries into the general ledger. In
addition, balance, maintain, and reconcile bank accounts
to subsidiary ledgers and schedule general ledger
accounts as necessary. Support a sales and service
daily accounting entries into the general ledger.
- Summarize all Credit Union activity and record all
obtain necessary information for accurate accounting
- Contact branch offices, banks, and processors to
general ledger accounts.
- Perform accounting research and problem solving.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and reconcile specified
and initiate settlement.
- Balance money order sales from all branch offices
party processor and balance to general ledger.
- Initiate settlement of official checks with third
record prepaid expense entries into general ledger.
- Research issues regarding official checks.
- Prepare and record employee payroll entries.
- Maintain prepaid expense software; prepare and
ledger, schedule plastic card activity to general
- Prepare excess share insurance premium calculations.
- Record all plastic card activity to the general
ledger accounts, balance and maintain related
subsidiary ledgers. (i.e., gift card, debit card,
conditions and corrections.
- Assist all departments with out of balance
to general ledger.
- Balance shared branching activity and record entries
- Process returned items and initiate adjustments
payments to general ledger.
- Record periodic investment principal and interest
investments in safekeeping at SWC.
- Maintain source documents on investments and verify
- Reconcile employee health and dental bills for
orders, and expense checks.
- Administer stop payments on official checks, money
supporting documentation into imaging system.
- Prepare deposit of credit union checks.
- Scan all daily journal voucher entries and
- Assist in maintaining spreadsheet subsidiary
timely, and classified properly.
- Prepare and submit IRS Form 945 on a daily basis.
- Ensure Credit Union disbursements are accurate,
- Communicate with vendors to solve billing issues.
- Reconcile monthly indirect reserve disbursements to
- Prepare and file weekly reports.
- Review travel expense reports for accuracy and
Some post-secondary education in accounting. Three+
years' financial institution experience. Working
knowledge of accounts payable and double entry
bookkeeping preferred. Strong knowledge of credit union
services preferred. Working knowledge of financial
institution policies and procedures. Basic
math/accounting skills, 10-key calculator, data entry
skills. Verbal and written communication skills.
Research, problem solving, analytical and organizational
A+ Federal Credit Union - 13 months ago