We have a vacancy for an Accounting Assistant in our Philadelphia office.
The successful candidate will administer the accounts payable function ensuring the accurate recording of supplier / inter-company invoices, other G/L entries and for timely payment for all of the supplier invoices.
Candidates will be responsible for:
The desired candidate will have a Bachelors Degree (required) with accounting or finance background preferred; minimum 2 years accounting experience required; excellent organization skills with strong ability to prioritize tasks and work within tight deadlines; superior attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate professionally with our internal and external suppliers; and familiarity/comfort with computerized accounting packages, Lotus Notes, and Excel
- Build and maintain good professional relationships with colleagues and suppliers
- Train new administrative personnel on expense database and provide additional advice as needed
- Accounts and ensuring that employees fulfill their monthly obligations with regards to the use of these cards by completing full expense reports
- Responsible for the accurate recording of invoice/ inter-company booking and general ledger entries
- Responsible for monitoring the Accounts Payable process and maintaining close contact with all suppliers
- Responsible for the payment processing including paying the supplier invoices via check, ACH, bank wire, and bill-pay
- Process and pay employee expenses in a timely manner and maintain expense database
- Maintain American Express account from start to finish by opening and closing card
- Reconcile cash account and other Balance Sheet accounts as needed
- Prepare and post all bank cash journals, including checks, ACH’s, wires, payroll etc.
- Prepare and post accrual and prepayment journals and other journals as needed
- Maintain market data, subscription and prepayment spreadsheets with appropriate backup
- Update employee cost center information and chart of accounts as needed
- Prepare CFO’s corporate American Express expense report
- Maintain Finance’s monthly filing system including all payments and receipts
- Assist with month/quarter/year end processes and other projects as needed
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please email the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org , attaching a copy of your resume/cover letter with the position in the subject line.
Aberdeen Asset Management - 11 months ago