Our people are our greatest asset! As one of the largest private property management companies in Houston, we recognize our progressive culture, values and ethics help us cultivate some of the top talent in the job market!
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to join our team to provide general assistance to our Retail Accountants, by assisting with the preparation of monthly financial statements through processing monthly journal entries for accruals, payroll allocations, recording ACH transfers, and reviewing accounts payable invoices for payment. You will also cross train as accounts receivable back-up to post cash receipts, record tenant billings and adjustments and set up and maintain tenant leases in the accounting system. In this role, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and grow with the company.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Assist the retail department with preparing, updating, and maintaining the monthly accounting records for owned and third party managed retail properties Education and Experience:
Monthly Journal Entries
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Reconciliations
- Fixed Assets
- Accounts Receivable
- Security Deposits
- Maintain monthly schedules for the posting of recurring journal entries and monthly accruals for contract services, utilities, taxes, insurance and deferred rent Review invoices for coding and proper approvals by onsite management team
- Review monthly bank reconciliations; investigate and resolve variances
- Record monthly cash transfers and escrow payments Analyze general ledger accounts, and update financial statement schedules Record monthly depreciation and amortization for capital expenses Post and review tenant lockbox deposits, ACH and credit card payments
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Accounting preferred, will consider college level accounting classes with work experience
- Three (3) years related work experience
- Microsoft Office required, including Advanced Excel skills
- Yardi Voyager preferred
Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen Employee must have reliable transportation to and from work each day To apply: Please send ALL OF:
- Resume Cover letter or paragraph
- Current salary / history / requirements
We offer medical, dental, vision, long term disability, optional life insurance, and 401K.
Boxer Property is an innovative commercial real estate investment and management company headquartered in Houston. We have been in business for 20 years, and operates in a dozen markets across the country.
We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our tenants. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that continues our tradition of excellence!
Boxer Property was founded in 1992, to acquire, manage, lease, administer and sell closely held commercial properties. Its portfolio...