The Accountant Assistant supports the accounting needs for Hartford HealthCare System which is comprised of acute care, behavioral health and affiliated entities. This position will specifically support the Hartford Hospital accountant. Position requires excellent communication, organization and analytical skills. Applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to provide courteous and timely services. Applicant must also be able to work independently and meet various internal and external deadlines on a timely basis in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
This position provides a supportive role assisting with all facets of accounting work, including but not limited to:
- Review, analyze and record activities on the General Ledger by preparing Journal Entries. Reports to: Accountant
- Reconcile various General Ledger accounts to supporting worksheets for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash, Payroll, Loan, Intercompany accounts, etc on a monthly basis or as required
- Assists with various other reconciliations as required.
- Assists with fixed asset recording and monitoring
- Prepare, review and maintain prepaid accounts and other accounts as required
- Pre[are and maintain work paper analysis
- Participate on special project teams on an as needed basis.
- Participates in annual audit requirements and paperwork documentation required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates Degree in Accounting with minimum5 years accounting experience or BA/BS in Accounting with minimum 2 years accounting experience
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word, Quickbooks
- Experience with Smart stream PeopleSoft Accounting Systems
- Healthcare Experience a plus
Hartford Healthcare - 10 months ago