Hondros College is currently seeking a Full Time Accounting Assistant at our Westerville, OH Campus!
Position Summary : The incumbent of this position is responsible for processing Account Payable; Student Credit Balance checks and Debit Cards, Processing and reconciling Companies Purchase Cards, maintaining Company Inventory. Other duties will be assigned by the accounting department.
· Students with a passion for success can achieve their goals with our focused and unique approach to education
· Education requires a balance of technical skills along with compassion, critical thinking and effective communication skills
· We provide the best education for our students by:
o Stimulating and developing each students’ abilities and enhancing individual growth
o Maintaining a team of professional faculty with extensive real world experience
o Establishing the highest standards of professional capabilities and ethical conduct
o Providing educational growth opportunities throughout their career.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities :
· Responsible for Inventory Depletion
· Responsible for monthly journal entries
· Responsible for weekly Accounts Payable process; include data entry of weekly invoices and processing weekly checks. Reviews for appropriate authorization and reasonableness
· Responsible for Purchase Cards and Company Credit Cards reconciliation and payments
· Responsible for Debit Cards and Check Refund processing.
· Maintain Vendor File information
· Reviews purchase order request for appropriate authorization
· Identifies taxability issues
· Process 1099’s at year end
· Responsible for inventory purchases; Exam Testing Orders, Laptops and other materials for Students. Ensures shipments to students are accurate and on time
· Responsible for reconciling/counting inventory
· Responsible for updating and maintaining College Registration System every term for the appropriate textbooks, fees and other items associated with courses.
· Create and maintain Accounting Policies and Procedure manual
· Year-end Close preparation
· Assist in audit preparation
· Other duties as assigned
· Participates in cross training with other team members
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
· Experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and strong knowledge of basic accounting principles is required.
· ACCPAC Financial Package experience is a plus.
· Strong organizational skills are required.
Competencies: Incumbent must ( be) able to:
· Work in a professional office environment.
· Perform duties under stress.
· Adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
· Ability to accept responsibility for work duties.
· Ability to generalize, evaluate, and make decisions on the job.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements : This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements : This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently. The ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately is also required.
Environment : This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area.
For more than 40 years, Westerville, Ohio based Hondros College has been educating individuals who want to improve their lives by finding, entering and succeeding in a new career. From certificate programs, to associates degrees, to a bachelor degree in nursing; Hondros College offers a variety of programs to prepare students for occupations that offer stability, flexibility, independence and financial reward. Hondros College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. Its seven Ohio locations provide the highly focused education needed to succeed in a broad range of careers in real estate, appraisal, home inspection, mortgage, insurance, title insurance, securities, personal training, tax preparation and nursing. Hondros College also offers a nationally-recognized curriculum of online classes in many disciplines. For a complete list of career offerings or more information on Hondros College , visit www.hondros.edu .
Hondros College - 14 months ago