The Accounting Assistant is responsible for all accounts payable and payroll functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Process company employee payroll
- Process A/P including vouchering/coding/entering and paying invoice via check and EFT.
- All related journal entries
- Assist with month-end closing journals and schedules.
Education and Experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage multiple priorities and see assignments through to completion
- Talent for problem analysis and resolution
- Proven ability to work well alone or in a team
- Ability to take direction and incorporate feedback into work
- Dependable and professional demeanor
- 2-5 years of previous experience with Payroll and Accounts Payable in a similar role
- Accounting coursework, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge/experience of computer applications; in particular MS Office Suite, ADP Payroll
- Experience with Great Plains a strong plus
ZipRecruiter - 22 months ago