RDK is currently recruiting a full-time (at least 30 hours per week) Accounting Assistant to join our busy Accounting Department. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or experienced administrative professional. In this role, you will provide accurate and timely support for the Client Invoice Process and daily maintenance of our deposits. The Accounting Assistant is also responsible for providing administrative and general accounting support to the Accounting Department.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Accounts payable –
Accounts Receivable –
- Review and approve reimbursable dental expense reports for payment
- Responsible for analysis and data entry of American Express Bill
- Check processing as needed
- Responsible for collecting and reviewing expense reports weekly
- Responsible for scanning daily deposit checks to Eastern Bank
- Review online banking transactions daily
- Makes appropriate strikes of checks and wires received
Other duties –
- Invoice preparation support for PA’s. Post PM invoices as requested and organize sending of invoices.
- Photocopy associated backup to send with invoices
- Process client invoice forms
Required Education and Skills:
- Assist the Payroll Manager with the collection and review of weekly timecards.
- Process PE and other Professional Membership Renewals
- Process Wellness Move for a Cause expense reports if approved. Also, this may entail making
- contributions to the appropriate charity on employee’s behalf.
- Process Educational Assistance requests in accordance with RDK policy.
- Order Business Cards, Stationary for all offices, and Nameplates for Andover & Boston offices
- Review and approve PO’s for Charlotte and Durham office
- Place WB Mason orders as needed
- Backup primary responsibilities for other Accounting Assistant/staff.
- Misc. tasks as assigned
- Some college coursework towards an accounting degree is preferred but a HS Diploma and a minimum of three years of experience in accounting in a professional services company may suffice.
- Must be proficient in Accounting software, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be proficient in developing spreadsheets, typing letters and documents and entering data.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
RDK offers a comprehensive benefits package which currently includes a 401(k) plan, bonus opportunities, affordable health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance and disability benefits, generous paid time off policy and flextime.