Under limited supervision, may provide direction, technical assistance and training to other staff to staff performing a variety of accounting related duties. This is a career level position of the Accounting Associate series and performs more complex assignments in support of the area of assignment.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
Compiles and maintains accounts payable records, records payments to customers’ accounts and maintains accounts receivable records.
Compiles and sorts documents; verifies and posts details of business transactions; computes and records claims and similar items.
Prepares daily cash deposits and fills out cash control sheet daily; prepares vouchers and accounts payable checks for payment; and prepares invoice deduction notices, as necessary.
Confirms open accounts payable computer listing to open accounts payable invoices.
Prints accounts payable reports; maintains accounts payable files; and assists in monthly closings.
Prepares analysis of accounts, as required; reconciles charge back discrepancies and codes data for input into financial data processing systems according to Company procedures.
Enters finalized cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer.
Processes daily credit card deposits; files check stubs and bank receipts.
Provides training and technical assistance and reviews the work of less experienced staff.
Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment, charge backs, returns, and bad checks; calls, obtains and/or mails correspondence and invoice copies to customers, as necessary, in order to update accounts.
Develops and maintains working relationships with assigned customer accounts in order to manage Accounts Receivable, including invoices and claims.
Researches and investigates validity of all claims as taken against assigned Accounts Receivable.
Follows-up with customers regarding denial of full or partial claims.
Performs collection calls in order to maintain current Accounts Receivable for assigned accounts.
Maintains regular review and contact of ass assigned Accounts Receivable.
Maintains status reports as required by management.
Maintains credit files for assigned Accounts Receivable.
Business and personal computer hardware and software applications.
• Accounts payable, accounts receivable or claims systems and procedures according to area of assignment.
• Principals of mathematical and statistical computations.
• General office procedures.
• Leadership and training techniques and methods.
• Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
• Current Company policies, practices and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
Responding to inquiries or complaints from management, subordinate employees, customers and members of the business community.
• Interpreting and following instructions and procedures.
• Operating Business and Personal Computers and using programs or data entry in spreadsheet, financial systems and databases.
• Operating 10-key by touch.
• Communicating effectively and professionally with others, including the public and vendors.
• Leading, providing technical assistance and training to less experienced staff members.
• Operating basic office equipment.
• Delegating assignments and reviewing the work of assigned department personnel.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
High School Diploma equivalent and four (4) years of accounts payable, receivable or claims accounting experience, preferably in manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Prefer Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or in related field.