Perform routine administrative
activities for Accounts Payable under direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data entry processing - Receive
invoices from scanner, review, check for appropriate taxes, key and route for
appropriate electronic approvals.
Must be able to process (key and route) 4000+
- Invoice coding – Oil & Gas
invoice General Ledger coding, including drilling, completion, workover,
construction, lease operating, plugging & abandonment, inventory
- Scanning – locate vendor numbers
and scan/key invoices into the scan system for further processing.
- Processing of recurring payments
related to rents and marketing.
- Tracking of special handling
payments for each check run; preparation of distribution list for checks.
- Troubleshooting of invoices
related to coding, approvals, quick payment requests and discounts.
- Validate incoming invoices to
avoid duplicate payments.
- Respond to vendor inquiries as
needed; perform research and reconciliation.
- Provide support for field
offices by looking up vendor information from the system, check on vendor
payments, general inquiry response.
- Oil and Gas industry or
accounting experience preferred OR Bachelor’s degree with prior experience in
accounting or similar corporate function.
- High school diploma or
equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous high volume data entry
experience required, 10-key by touch, alpha and numeric filing required with
demonstrated skill, speed and
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Thorough knowledge of business
English, spelling and math
- Ability to develop and maintain
harmonious work relations with employees and outside
- Well organized and able to
monitor and follow up issues to a successful conclusion.
- Experience with desktop
computing applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; experience
with using office equipment such as copiers, printers, scanners, and
- Ability to perceive and analyze
problems and develop options to resolve issues. Identify and flag
exceptions. Recognize conflicting
data prior to entry and make corrections.
- Strong interpersonal and
communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational and
position is located in downtown Houston, Texas. Please visit
apply through our careers page.