The Accounting Business Analyst provides the critical link between the business and technology sides of the organization by effectively discerning and analyzing the true needs of business users; developing and modeling detailed steps that most effectively and efficiently solve business problems; and communicating these solutions to technology staff. The Accounting Business Analyst works with business resources within the company (end users, managers, QA/Testing, Developers, and executives) as well as business interest external to the company (customers, suppliers and partners).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Accounting Consultant
- Consults with the sales, client management, and reporting teams for both new and existing reporting needs.
- Prepares reports directly related to clients financial statements for internal and external users.
- Collects and analyzes financial data, ensuring that all reporting is moving ABC toward GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Researches accounting rules and regulations and makes recommendations regarding company reporting.
- Business Analyst
- Works with Product Owners to identify product stakeholders and user classes, document user characteristics, identify appropriate representatives for each user class, and negotiate their responsibilities
- Elicits user needs using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
- Writes requirements, specifications, and stories according to ABC documentation standards, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represents requirements and specifications using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios
- Models requirements through UML, Use Cases, and User Stories
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in accounting and finance
- 3+ years reviewing the systems of various types such as: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Inventory, Scheduling, POS, EFT, and Credit Card Processing. Experience with Website design
ABC Financial Services Inc - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
ABC Financial is a privately held company in business for over a decade. We have a staff of highly trained professionals on call 24/7 to...