To greet and assist clients, salespeople, job applicants, in-house personnel and other visitors. Perform switchboard duties efficiently, diplomatically and courteously.Work closely with St. Paul departmental and branch personnel.Work in the Job Cost, Contracts, Billing, Accounts Receivable and Equipment modules of the Timberline Accounting system, and DocuWare. This job requires flexibility to cover the front desk for full days when the primary receptionist is out of the office.
PRINCIPLE AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Relieve receptionist for daily breaks, lunches and provide full coverage of receptionist duties in theevent of vacation, sickness and other time off.
· Process work orders and set up in contracts.
· Produce, adjust and finalize invoices.
· Copy and mail invoices.
· Proof entries, enter chargeable time, cylinders and job related expenses for various departments.
· Proof time summaries for all departments as needed.
· Assist personnel and customers with billing and WIP inquiries.
OTHER AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Keep work area neat and clean.
· Comply with rules and policies of the company.
· Assist other accounting personnel as priorities and deadlines dictate and/or allow.
· Other tasks or projects as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
· Ability to use word processing, computerized accounting system, spreadsheets and document imaging system.
· Ability to organize work to meet time requirements and ensure productive use of available workinghours.
JUDGEMENT REQUIRED :
· Determine and prioritize daily workload.
· Use discretion in giving out information to visitors, telephone callers and personnel.
· Question and/or correct errors in grammar, spelling and content of typed materials.
· Absolute confidentiality of clients, projects, payroll and financial data.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to efficiently work a busy switchboard, accurately transfer phone calls and take professional phone messages as needed.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
· Accurate 10 key skills.
· Punctual, neat and accurate work habits, accurate detail work and good organizational skills.
· Follow all safety policies and procedures.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer
American Engineering Testing Inc. - 10 months ago