Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Under the direction of supervisor, provide administrative support to Patient Financial Services. Major Job functions to include the posting of payments, adjustments, and denials from insurance companies, patients, and other payers.
Following initial training, the employee will work under general supervision to complete all daily tasks following standard procedures as set forth by Medtronic and the Department of Patient Financial Services. Daily quality and productivity will be monitored.
I. POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
A. Know all standard corporate and departmental policies and procedures for and function as an Accounting Clerk in the Department of Patient Financial Services.
II. EQUIPMENT/SYSTEM OPERATION, SET UP, AND SUPPORT
A. Use SAP and GE Centricity to post payments, adjustments, denials, enter notes, and perform other billing functions.
B. Use RIDSVIEW, DMS, CNB and other viewing systems to display check payments, Explanation of Benefits, Remittance Advices, and other insurance correspondence for posting.
C. Use XiPAY to view, charge, and post credit card payments.
D. Use PC and standard Microsoft applications to prepare spreadsheets, graphs, forms, and reports and access the Internet.
E. Use programmable telephone to answer and process calls, completing transfers and retrieving messages.
III. CASH/DENIAL POSTING
A. Responsible for the posting of any insurance and patient payments received for products/services provided, ensuring that all information found on the EOB’s and remittance advices is posted to the correct line item in SAP with speed and accuracy.
Accurately computes percentages and totals related to contract adjustments and co-insurances according to the EOB’s and remittance advices.
Ensures any information related to deductibles, co-payments, and co-insurances are appropriately documented.
Responsible for ensuring the reconciliation of any payment batches posted with the daily deposit detail obtained from RIDSVIEW.
B. Responsible for the posting of zero-pay denials for all insurance companies, ensuring that the appropriate denial code is posted to the correct line item in SAP, and any notes regarding location of the EOB’s and/or remittance advices (i.e. RIDSVIEW, DMS, J Drive) are entered for collection follow up.
IV. ACCOUNT RECONCILIATION AND QUALITY CONTROL
A. Suspense Account
Ensures any payments posted to this account are removed and credited to the appropriate patient account and claim/line item within required timelines.
B. Miscellaneous Account
Work with Special Accounts Team to contact payers and obtain EOB’s/remittance advices to ensure the posting of unidentified cash to the correct patient accounts/line items.
C. ETM work views
Assist Special Accounts Team in reviewing quality control work list to:
1. Identify and work alternate payer postings and/or postings made at the DOS level rather than claim level, to ensure the reconciliation of payments to the correct payer.
2. Identify and correct cash and denial posting errors, providing feedback to supervisor regarding errors trends and training issues.
3. Identify and provide feedback to supervisor regarding billing and collection issues contributing to the size and scope of issues found on the work list.
4. Transfer payments for regenerated claims.
V. CREDIT CARD SERVICES
A. Use XiPAY to:
Charge various credit card payments based on patient statements and other sources, accurately entering this data into SAP.
Settle credit card payment batches to ensure the charging of the accounts prior to the end of business day.
B. Export charges onto an Excel spreadsheet via XiPAY exporter for posting to SAP.
C. Responsible for posting credit card payments to SAP as identified by XiPAY with speed and accuracy.
D. Access the J drive to ensure the updating of the Credit Cards Payment spreadsheet for view by various departments.
E. Prepare and distribute daily update of credit card payments and XiPay reports.
VI. ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
A. Provide back-up support to other business support units, including Correspondence and Refunds as requested.
B. Assist in the training of new employees as needed.
C. Attend and actively participate various meetings as requested.
D. Provide other general clerical tasks including, but not limited to copying, faxing, and filing.
VII. SERVICE EXCELLENCE
A. Identify ways and initiate processes that work towards improving service levels to both internal and external customers.
B. Actively participate in process and service improvement activities.
Encourage and support staff members in the pursuit of service excellence.
1. 2 years cash posting and accounting and/or medical billing experience.
2. Basic knowledge of standard Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook, with ability to prepare forms and spreadsheets.
3. High School Graduate.
4. Ability to be work overtime as needed.
5. Knowledge of SAP and GE
1. Associates (AA degree) in Business / Accounting
2. Certificate of completion of medical billing course work.
3. Working knowledge of the various insurance plans offered by both government and commercial insurances, including HMO, PPO, POS, flex budget, and indemnity plans.
4. Ability to read and understand the information provided in Explanation of Benefits, remittance advices, and other payer correspondence from a wide variety of sources including government and commercial payers.
5. IDX (GE Centricity Experience) in Billing and Accounts Receivable Module
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Ability to sit 75% of the shift time working on the computer
Ability to lift 5 lb. ream of paper
Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell device-based...