The Accounting Clerk is responsible for reporting of the CUSO’s general ledger accounts. The position is responsible for balancing items clearing through the general ledger and reconciling account balances daily and monthly. The position is responsible for managing all billing and accounts payable processes. The position will be a front line contact with the CUSO related companies. The incumbent will also provide support to other accounting functions.
1. Post, balance, research and reconcile general ledger accounts timely and accurately.
2. Research deposits, withdrawals, and other activity as requested.
3. Process and pay invoices and expense reports as received using correct GL entries.
4. Process and post mortgage funding requests received.
5. Ensure the accuracy of general ledger accounts supporting the financial statements and other associated subsidiary records and financial reports.
6. Make recommendations for implementing new accounting procedures.
7. Maintain general ledger integrity by ensuring timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, analyzing reasonableness of account balances.
8. Maintain updated and accurately documented procedures for accounting department functions.
9. Participate in determining, setting, and meeting departmental goals.
10. Provide professional friendly and courteous interaction with members, staff and outside entities while remaining consistent with the overall company’s strategic board policy.
11. Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics.
12. Act as a liaison between accounting and other departments to ensure that processes and workflows are providing the best possible service to our client credit unions.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
2. Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
3. Ability to think analytically, creatively and logically.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects, objectives, and deadlines.
5. Strong personal computer, calculator, spreadsheet and word processing skills.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
7. Must be able to be bonded.
In this position, individual will be expected to lift up to 20 pounds from time to time. Also, must be able to stoop, bend, reach or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
This position is expected to work in general office environment and may have to travel for visits to other facilities or for training purposes.
Equivalent to a two-year college degree in accounting or finance preferred or three years of work experience in a financial institution or accounting environment.
CommunityAmerica is the parent organization to the financial institutions known as TWA Credit Union and Yellow Financial Credit Union. It...