This position is responsible for providing a variety of accounting tasks in the finance department. Must be able to accurately compute, record and verifying numerical data in a professional and knowledgeable manner; ensuring adherence to company policies and general accounting principles.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., accounts payable, accounts receivables, premium finance agreements, agency/ direct bill reconciliation).
- Enters data into agency management system using defined computer programs.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, insurance carriers or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly effective inter-personal skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Detail oriented with above average analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic: team player.
- College degree preferred or high school diploma or equivalent combined with similar accounting related experience.
Hub International is an insurance broker that operates more than 340 offices in a decentralized regional hub-and-satellite-office structure....