Education and Experience:
• 2 years of experience in an accounting setting to be familiar with the generally accepted accounting principles involved in maintaining financial records, reconciling accounting information and preparing financial statements.
• College degree is preferred.
• Strong computer skills, specifically with Excel and Access.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both English and Spanish is preferred.
• Experience with MS Dynamics (Great Plains) highly preferred.
• Experience with multi-state payroll taxes.
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, with a strong sense of urgency.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
• Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
• Ability to train new employees
• Strong responsiveness, reliability and organizational skills.
• Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
The purpose of the Accounting Specialist is to assist and support the Accounting team in the functions required and to support business operational accounting. This position will be performing a wide variety of accounting processes, including but not limited to, account reconciliations, payroll, taxes, expense report audits, journal entries, accounts payable and posting customer payments. The Accounting Specialist may also work directly with Insource employees and serve as a liaison between the site managers and the Insource corporate office on accounting issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Account reconciliation and settlement
• Research outstanding items on general ledger accounts
• Perform expense report audits
• Assist with payroll, including multi-state payroll taxes
• Assist with Accounts Payable
• Assist with Accounts Receivables
• Perform a variety of complex accounting tasks involved in maintaining financial records and processing related data such as invoices, vouchers and other documents; monitor and reconcile accounts with detailed financial statements.
• Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and statements reflecting various data for utilization by higher management.
• Collaborate with upstream and downstream customers to identify process efficiencies and also advocate internal controls.
• Research and analyze data to determine root causes of problems and generate solutions.
• Assists in general office duties included, but not limited to, phone answering, general filing, and new hire paperwork.
• Adhere to confidentiality policies and ensure confidentiality of all employees’ records.
Insource Performance Solutions - 22 months ago