JECSI is a mid-sized company of environmental consultants and engineers and technical, scientific, and business software application developers and engineers that provides environmental, health and safety services to large industrial companies. |
We have an immediate opening for an accounting clerk that will be responsible for the following:
- Accounts payable.
- Assist with accounts receivable.
- Research and answer client inquiries.
- Process and electronically transmit invoices.
- Scan documents, documents assembly and purging of files.
- Complete basic data entry.
- Provide support to accounting staff as needed.
- Create requisitions and purchase orders.
- Reconcile petty cash and coding of expenses.
- Maintain equipment and inventory.
- Maintain client and vendor contract files.
- Open projects at the direction of managers and associates and modify existing projects using project management software.
- Help manage office supplies.
- Receive and distribute mail.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to interact with many different types of individuals, including executives, scientists, engineers, and other business professionals.
- Must have strong technical writing and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas and properly describe problems and solutions.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have a polished and professional phone presence.
- Must display a solid work history and proven record of success.
- Must be able to multi-task, and handle multiple interruptions.
- Must have computer proficiency in Word, Excel; Adobe Acrobat proficiency is a plus.
- Must possess accurate data entry skills (45+ words per minute with minimal errors).
- Must have the ability to work 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Must possess valid CA drivers license and clean driving record.
Education and Experience
- A two year college degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience with business administration support.
We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, opportunity for career growth, training and continuing education. Please do not apply if you live more than 40 miles away and do not plan on relocating. No relocation allowance or bonus or sponsorship is available for this position.
CareerBuilder - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
"JECSI offers comprehensive asbestos services designed to help companies understand and manage the presence of asbestos in the...