We are seeking an Accounting Clerk for our Dallas division. Successful applicant will count money in a controlled environment - this includes cash, coins and coupons; and record and report any discrepancies. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain accurate fare accounting and records.
- Review daily, manifests and payroll reports for all drivers to ensure that the reports are accurate.
- Submit appropriate paperwork and documentation for payroll exceptions and bonuses.
- Process payroll for all employees including garnishments, and taxes on bi-weekly basis to ensure that all employees are paid accurately for their working hours.
- Complete daily and weekly reports for Managers to review to ensure that hours and payroll are within budgeted amounts for service provided.
- Submit all employee benefit applications and ensure the appropriate payroll deductions take place.
- Update and maintain employee files related to payroll and human resources
- Provide assistance to employees requiring wage and hour data reported to local agencies including housing and social services.
- Submit all necessary paperwork and documentation for new hires and employee terminations.
- Ensure ample stores of necessary items including office supplies and computer equipment.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent, some college or accounting experience preferred.
Experience: 5 years payroll processing or accounting background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, &Abilities: Accounting basics, payroll and data entry processing, proficient with Microsoft Office package including word processing and spreadsheets, knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment, ability to read, write and speak English, ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
MV Transportation, Inc. - 17 months ago