Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company that is the leading operator of Job Corps centers in the United States.
Job Corps is a federal vocational training program for young adults (ages 16-24) seeking to learn career and success skills. Tongue Point Job Corps Center is located on the beautiful Oregon coast. We teach young adults the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education. We value diversity and are seeking staff who are committed to developing youth assets. We appreciate and thank you for your interest in our employment opportunities! Tongue Point is a drug- and tobacco-free campus.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
Perform a variety of routine accounting and payroll duties, in compliance with government and management directives.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within their capabilities as determined by management.
- Post routine journal or accounts payable vouchers; code invoices and petty cash/check requests.
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties.
- Maintain routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for petty cash and other cash funds.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data, and preparing repetitive reports.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to students, staff, and other Center customers.
- Support and promote Center zero tolerance policies.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Promote the development of career success standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary, and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required staff training.
Starting Range: $11.50-12.08/hour
High school diploma or equivalent, one year accounting or bookkeeping experience, and exceptional attention to detail are required. Academic training in bookkeeping, accounting, or payroll and experience with automated accounting systems or programs is preferred. Friendly demeanor, excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer proficiency, and valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are also required. National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) a plus!
MTC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...