Join the nearly 10,000 employees who help tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens. Management & Training Corporation's (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have made us who we are today.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies nearly 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
MTC is currently seeking the following:
Responsible for performing a variety of routine accounting duties in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
1. Post routine journal vouchers or accounts payable vouchers, entering vouchers in registers; post subsidiary ledgers or simple cost accounting data.
2. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data
3. Responsible for maintenance of routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, inventory control or general accounting records.
4. Responsible for payroll, insurance reports and petty cash.
5. Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data and preparation of repetitive reports.
6. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
7. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management .
High school diploma or equivalent, experience with automated accounting systems and computer proficiency, and one (1) year varied and responsible accounting, bookkeeping, or related experience preferred. Academic training in bookkeeping, accounting, or payroll, and experience with automated accounting systems preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply by July 20, 2012
Management & Training Corporation - 11 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational...