Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company that is the leading operator of Job Corps centers in the United States.
Job Corps is a federal vocational training program for young adults (ages 16-24) seeking to learn career and success skills. Flint Hills Job Corps Center teaches the skills young adults need to become employable and independent, and help them to secure meaningful jobs or opportunities for further education. We believe that, "Our youth are our future."
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
This position is responsible for performing a variety of routine accounting duties in compliance with government and management directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties involving typing, filing, accumulating data and preparation of repetitive reports.
- Responsible for maintenance of routine accounting records and reports in accordance with established procedures such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control or general accounting records.
- Coordinate and reconcile employee travel reporting.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Unless waived by management, valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V