Discover the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, located at the foot of the dramatic San Jacinto Mountains, where you will find sunshine and clear blue skies to draw you into this expansive Southern California retreat by day and surround yourself with the stars at night. Located near the Aerial Tram, casino and the Palm Springs Convention Center, our hotel in Palm Springs is the perfect destination for business and vacation travelers alike. With museums and theaters nearby, the whole family will enjoy our Palm Springs hotel. Our stylish onsite DATE restaurant and other nearby eateries provide a unique upscale experience. For the perfect way to relax during your vacation, enjoy a late-night swim near our private cabanas and outdoor firepits or treat yourself to a massage or other professional service at our Spa Del Sol.
Reports To: Controller
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for accurate deposits made from every outlet. Ensure that the deposit balances and all the
money is accounted for. Supply the money for all department banks and tills. Responsible for processing
all accounts payable invoices to ensure accurate and timely payment. Ensure that all items ordered for
the hotel have been approved on a purchase order.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Verify individual cashier drops for accuracy and compliance to company policy. Immediately
report any discrepancies.
2. Complete and balance daily bank deposit and general cashier report.
3. Count main safe at both the beginning and the end of the shift.
4. Maintain a weekly audit of each hotel cash till.
5. Ensure that all departments of the hotel have an adequate amount of change.
6. Complete the daily variance report and ensure that follow-up reporting is complete.
7. Maintain and update an accurate file for “bank acknowledgments”.
8. Maintain that safe log I shows accurate safe counts.
9. Balance petty cash vouchers for reimbursement. Immediately report any discrepancies to
10. Issue banks and change combinations as required.
11. Maintain a file of all packing slips, bill of lading and acknowledgments attached to invoices.
12. Maintain a permanent copy of all property purchase orders.
13. Process all check requests for manager’s account, if applicable.
14. Verify that all documentation for purchases match the actual invoice for price, quantity,
mathematical accuracy and receipt of goods.
15. Compile accounts payable transmittal.
16. Audit all invoices and check requisitions for proper approval, coding, extension, previous
payment, discounts and sales tax/accrual.
Essential Job Functions:
17. Be sure that all vendors/payments are deferred per SOP where possible.
18. Route all processed invoices for approval to the department head/General Manager.
19. Batch account payables for routing to Corporate for processing after approval.
20. Complete period end close of accounts payable.
21. Maintain an orderly and accurate file of copies of all invoices, including those invoices that have
been sent to Corporate..
22. Maintain duplicate vendor files for all paid invoices.
23. Reconcile/research all vendor statements.
24. Maintain and issue supply of purchase orders and keep and “issue to” log.
25. Maintain current signature list of all managers.
1. Assist other Accounting associates as needed.
ZipRecruiter - 4 months ago