SUMMARY: Responsible for the financial and fuel tax reporting activities of a 30MM gallon biodiesel producer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Prepare weekly and monthly internal financial statements and management reports.
- Manage multi-state fuel tax compliance and file state fuel tax reports.
- Perform inventory tracking, reconciliation, and monitor inventory controls.
- EPA RIN compliance, tracking, and reporting.
- Book journal entries, general ledger account reconciliation, and analysis of financial statements.
- Calculate biodiesel production yields and cost of production
- Act as the resource person for financial information, fuel tax and RIN compliance.
- Review and enhance accounting processes on an ongoing basis focusing on accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with company programmers on various system implementations and enhancements.
- Maintain correspondence with other contract companies.
- Assist with special projects and other assigned duties as needed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field, two years accounting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the petroleum, energy, and chemical processing or biofuel industry preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to prepare routine and procedural reports and records. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems and know when to ask for help. Ability to apply basic mathematical principles to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Advanced Excel skills and use of spreadsheets required. Strong analytic and problem solving skills. Self-starter and highly motivated. Experience using J.D. Edwards software helpful. Must have the ability to use computers and all standard programs used by the industry. The ability to learn and effectively use any and all other computer programs that are or will be made available. The ability to be flexible in work duties and times and to expand knowledge of the work area to be able to willingly fill in as needed in emergency situations. 10 key by touch experience required. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates. Person must be flexible and able to see his/her way through a changing environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The work environment is typically an office setting and the hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Some weekends may apply.
Seaboard Foods - 14 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...