The Accounting Clerk role is to process daily cash requests, fixed asset accounting, journal entries, account reconciliation and assist with the weekly and month end reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and other duties as assigned, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Process daily cash requests, create wire/ACH requests and journal entries.
• Track spend on all appropriations requests.
• Perform asset management related tasks to properly record asset additions, deletions, and depreciation in the general ledger. Reconcile sub-ledger balances to the GL.
• Perform account reconciliations.
• Assist in weekly and month end reporting.
• Perform general ledger account analysis and provide necessary reports to management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Highly organized and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to analyze data for accuracy and reasonableness.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and listening and interpersonal skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
General ledger accounting experience preferred.
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...