Assist in the prompt and accurate payment of all expenses incurred by the district. Work under close supervision and follow established procedures to process purchase orders and invoices and maintain accounting records. |
1. Receive and process for payment all accounts payable invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, etc.
2. Match invoices with proper purchase orders; ensure completeness and accuracy of invoices and shipments.
3. Detect and resolve problems with incorrect orders, invoices, and shipments.
4. Contact district personnel and vendors to correct or obtain information needed.
5. Confirm balances in accounts for all requisitions.
6. Prepare and distribute paid invoices at designated times.
7. Conduct periodic checks of travel reports and food service orders.
8. Input accounting data using personal computer.
Records and Reports
9. File office copies of checks, requisitions, invoices, and purchase orders.
10. Keep records up to date.
11. Maintain vendor files and set up new accounts when changes occur.
12. Communicate current status of invoices to campus staff.
13. Prepare correspondence using personal computer or typewriter.
14. Receive incoming calls, answer questions, and direct calls to the proper party.
15. Keep informed of and comply with state and district policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
Copier, calculator, computer, typewriter, and printer.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work with frequent interruptions. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
High school diploma or GED
Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases and do word processing
Proficiency in use of calculator and office machines
Ability to communicate effectively
One year accounting experience at clerical level
TEXANS CAN! - 15 months ago
Texans Can Academies is a non-profit organization operating public charter high schools throughout the State of Texas. Texans Can Academies...