Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: The Accounting Clerk will work in conjunction with the Branch Manager to assure that the assigned day-to-day workflow is processed in a consistent and timely manner. The Accounting Clerk position will process checks and reconcile vendor statements as well as filing, emphasis is on AR and Collections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure timely and accurate processing of payment of vendors
· Distribute checks to vendors
· Preparing bills, invoices, statements for payments
· Reconcile bills, checks balances, follow up on discrepancies and maintain vendor files
· Communicate with vendors to resolve problems and/or provide information
· Communicate with Garden City, NY Accounting Dept.
· Filing paid and/or unpaid vendor invoices
· Attend visiting customers and keep log per TSA regulations
· Analyze branch P/L figures and create branch P/L spreadsheet as assigned by BM
· Analyze outstanding list and report to BM with updated data.
· General Administrative duties as assigned by Branch Manager
Education and Experience: Mimimum of HS Diploma and 1 year of experience in accounting or general administrative work. Excellent knowledge of MS Office and ability to learn new systems.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 20 months ago