The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm which prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant Federal, state, and private organizations. The Corporate Finance Office (CFO) is a dynamic workplace within AIR with a clear agenda to develop a service oriented organization in line with the business. It is composed of a strong team of co-workers and challenging varied roles that aim to stretch and expand the value CFO delivers within AIR. The Accounting Intern will be responsible for assisting with preparation of financial statements and analysis.
- Assist in preparing financial statement & analysis
- Assist accounting managers with reports, etc.
- Involved with A/P & A/R functions; journal entries, resolution of outstanding checks cash receipts & petty cash
- Assist in accounting schedules & filing
- Assist with disbursement preparation and mailing
- Assist with maintenance of vendor files
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors of Accounting degree program
- Microsoft Office Products, with Excel proficiency
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Strong customer service orientation
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to collect, evaluate and interpret data
- Capable of preparing files and maintaining records and documentation
- Good written and oral communication skills
American Institutes for Research - 10 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...