Kelly Services is partnering with Shire Pharmaceuticals to offer an exciting internship program with a world-class pharmaceutical organization.
Founded in 1986, Shire is a fast-growing, global company with major operations in the US, UK and Switzerland, and a network of offices and distribution channels throughout Europe, South America, Canada, and the Pacific Rim.
There-s a simple purpose that sits at the heart of our business: to enable people with life-altering conditions to lead better lives. We want to be the company that imagines and leads the future of healthcare for people with life-altering conditions, creating value for society.
Shire's US Internship Program offers hands-on work experience to students completing their undergraduate and graduate degrees and allows Shire to engage with the local community and discover new and emerging talent.
Requirements for the Shire US Internship Program include:
Please Note: Shire will accept and consider intern applications from relatives of employees; however, individuals will not be hired if they are in the direct line of supervision of a relative or if there is a work-related conflict of interest.
- Enrollment at an accredited college/university
- Completion of at least sophomore year of undergraduate study by internship start date (Both undergraduate and graduate students that apply will be considered)
- Major in a field appropriate to the internship
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Legal authorization to work in the US
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to start on one of the designated start dates.
The Finance Operations - GL Accounting Intern will be given responsibilities and duties in the following areas:
- Assist the GL team with financial close processes
- Review financial journal entries being recorded to the general ledger
- Assist with and learn the financial accrual process
- Assist with fixed asset, T&E, procurement, and accounts payable projects
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Special projects as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to build relationships with internal customers within the business.
- Strong organizational skills and must be detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills.
If you are interested in this fantastic Summer internship opportunity and meet the requirements of the program, please apply to this post.
- Accounting or Finance Majors Preferred
About Kelly Services ®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually.
Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and download The Talent Project , a free iPad ® app by Kelly Services.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Connect with us on ]]
Kelly Services - 19 months ago
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...