Accounting Manager, International
Rentrak (Nasdaq: RENT) is a global digital media measurement and research company, serving the most recognizable companies in the entertainment industry. Rentrak serves every major studio, mini-major and prominent independent film distributor in the worldwide industry.
Our Finance Department is currently seeking a Accounting Manager, International to be part of our growing international presence. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and like a fast paced, ever changing environment, this job is for you!
This position is responsible for the accounting and reporting for our international entities. The position will coordinate and manage the upload of GL entries from our foreign operations into our local accounting system (Oracle). The position will also be responsible for the reconciliation of accounts and will prepare monthly variance reporting for these entities. This position will work closely with other members of the local accounting department as well as with personnel and contractors in our foreign locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Manage the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, reserves, intercompany transactions and eliminations.
- Review transactions processed by foreign locations and ensure all entries are properly recorded in the Oracle ledgers.
- Provide timely budget to actual reports with variance explanations and collaborate with Finance team to provide reports and analysis.
- Oversee International cash flow management, to ensure proper movement of funds.
- Ensure timely and accurate country specific filings.
- Ensure all intercompany agreements are in place to support intercompany charges.
- Drive process and reporting improvements and standardization efforts.
- This position will work closely with other members of the US accounting department as well as with personnel and contractors in our foreign locations.
- Provide support to the local offices for statutory audit requirements.
- Responsible for transfer pricing calculation and documentation.
- Ensure intercompany receivables and payables are properly stated
- Develop and document procedures to be used for international activity. Manage SOX level testing required for this area.
- Other duties & projects as assigned.
Rentrak headquarters are in beautiful Portland, Oregon, near scenic mountains, beaches, and rivers. Our office has convenient access to public transportation and the freeway.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with accounting or finance emphasis.
- CPA preferred
- Big 4 / Public Accounting experience preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of professional level experience.
- International experience required, which is defined as comfort working with multiple currencies and financial reporting for international operations.
- Experience working across different international time zones.
- An appreciation for the different business practices/cultures outside of the USA.
- Experience working with spreadsheets is essential and Oracle software is preferred.
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak uses eVerify.