Accounting Manager, Revenue
Rentrak (Nasdaq: RENT) is a global digital media measurement and research company, serving the most recognizable companies in the entertainment industry. Our Finance Department is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to focus on Revenue functions to add to our growing company of talented team members. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and like a fast paced, ever changing environment, this job is for you!
This critical position is responsible for managing accounting and reporting related to our revenue recognition process for our A
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE required:
- MI division. The position will also be responsible for revenue sharing agreements, and review of accounts receivable. This position will assist with SEC reporting, including xbrl, and provide support for internal and external audits and take an active role in process improvement initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manage the AMI revenue cycle.
Review and analysis of contracts to ensure recognition of revenue in accordance with GAAP (ASC 605) and compliance with internal controls.
Monthly JE’s, reconciliations and reporting as assigned.
Technical research as required to support revenue recognition policies.
Accounting and reporting for revenue sharing agreements.
Responsible for AMI accounts receivable review, analysis of associated reserves and deferred revenue accounting.
- Assist with SEC filings, including XBRL
- Accounting support for internal and external audits, including preparation and review of audit schedules.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives, specifically including the automation of billing and revenue recognition processes.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Rentrak headquarters are located in beautiful Portland, Oregon, near scenic mountains, beaches, and rivers. Our office has convenient access to public transportation and the freeway.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with Accounting emphasis; Certified Public Accountant required .
- Minimum of 6 years of professional level experience. Experience must include work with revenue, journal entries and audits.
- Strong spreadsheet skills are essential and Oracle and/or NetSuite software experience is preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience managing one or more direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Revenue.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to solve problems independently, collaborate with others and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in priorities and ability to multitask in order to ensure critical deadlines are met.
- Process oriented, highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity of current US GAAP related to revenue recognition.
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.