Alta is currently seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join the team in our Portland, OR office location. The Accounting Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining the organization's annual budgeting, interim forecasting, and financial analysis and reporting, as well as helping set accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. This position works under the direction of the Corporate Controller.
• Primarily responsible for the preparation of annual budgets, monthly projections and pro-forma projections for system launches. Also, this role is responsible for regular and ad-hoc analytic reporting for the company.
• Performs analyses and provides technical assistance to improve efficiency and lower costs.
• Evaluates capital expenditure proposals and makes recommendations to unit and corporate management.
• Liaison between finance department and project managers to ensure that project budgets are met and up-to-date.
• Maintain and report monthly and ad hoc analytic information for each business unit and legal entity. Prepare financial reports and assist with consolidation.
• Assist Finance Director with the oversight of day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including corporate reporting requirements, management reporting and external reporting. Assist with general management of accounting staff.
• Performs and oversees preparation of account reconciliations and other analyses to ensure integrity of financial reporting.
• Complete special projects for Director of Finance.
Alta - 17 months ago