The Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating the calculation, posting and recording of financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records. Reports to the Director of Finance. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Provides excellent Guest Service
- Oversees the financial statement close process.
- Prepares all periodic financial statements and reports for internal and external requirements.
- Adjusts errors in general ledger and other accounting data/systems
- Reviews and approves invoices for accounts payable processing, including verification of general ledger accounts classifications.
- Maintains and balances the general ledger and prepares all necessary journal entries as required. Ensures the maintenance of supporting documentation of the general ledger for audit trail purposes.
- Oversees the Revenue Audit function; reviews the work of Revenue Auditors on a daily basis.
- Reviews all Exception Reports on a daily basis and forward to the appropriate departments.
- Ensures accuracy of management reports (i.e. Flash Report).
- Verifies daily deposits to the bank statements for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews and approves IRS tax payments.
- Performs annual fixed asset impairment analysis.
- May assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monitoring of budget variances to operating results.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Assigns duties and examines work for accuracy, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Payroll Administrator
- Staff Accountant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Revenue Auditor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance or related field with a minimum 5 years related work experience.
Broad background in accounting with emphasis in either Gaming or Tribal Enterprises.
Must have previous general ledger reconciliation experience.
Experience in public accounting a plus. CPA a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work station for the duration of the shift. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment.
Note: In addition to submitting your resume, please complete our on-line employment application at www.augustinecasino.com/careers
CareerBuilder - 7 months ago
Augustine Casino in the Palm Springs Area offers you a true locals environment. We offer 800 Slots with denominations ranging from 1 cent to...