We have an immediate opening for an
. The ideal candidate will manage and control the financial processes of the Washington, D.C. office, working closely with the Office Managing Partner, Office Administrator and Firmwide Finance Department. The duties include the following:
- Manages all office financial accounting processes:
- Ensures proper accounting entries from financial activities.
- Reconciliation of monthly financial statement accounts.
- Administers all financial related activities, including:
- Billing – ensures all client invoices are sent out promptly and, assists in monitoring unbilled time and client disbursements, meet with timekeepers as appropriate to resolve issues. Acts as liaison between attorneys and clients to manage client billing inquiries.
- Client Collections - works with attorneys, clients, Office Administrator, Washington, D.C. Collections Committee and Firmwide Collections Analyst to ensure outstanding invoices are properly collected.
- Accounts Payable - ensures the proper approval and submission for payment of vendor payments on a timely basis after the goods or services have been received.
- Employee Expense Reimbursements – ensures the proper review and approval of employee expense reimbursements and that the expense is adequately documented in accordance with IRS guidelines.
- Foreign Vendor Invoice Payments involving foreign currency - coordinates and submits foreign vendor payments to the firm’s third-party vendor for the entire firm.
- Trust Accounting – properly records trust accounting receipts, disbursements and account reconciliations to comply with trust accounting rules as mandated by the local jurisdiction.
- New Business Intake – works with the local secretarial staff and billing attorneys to ensure timely and efficient submission of new matter/client information to the New Business Intake Services team for the opening of a new matter.
- Special Projects - leads or participates in a variety of special projects of a financial nature as required.
- Washington, D.C. Office Budget:
- Assists the Office Administrator and Firmwide Finance Department in the preparation of annual financial budgets for the office including revenue, operating expenses and capital expenditures/leasehold improvements.
- Monitors and manages the budget vs. actual.
- Prepares monthly analysis of spending trends and variances.
- Manages/supervises the Washington, D.C. office accounting and billing staff:
- Responsible for new hire orientations for all accounting and billing functions.
- Monitors workflow and supervises work product to ensure accuracy.
- Provides training and development for accounting and billing staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Interviews potential staff members, recommends new hires, plans, assigns and directs work, evaluates performance of staff, addresses issues and resolves problems.
How to Apply:
E-mail resume to Ettastine Williams, Washington, D.C. Office Human Resources Manager at
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field with 5-10 years of progressively responsible work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with a Big 4 or other accounting firm, law firm, or other professional service organization highly desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience with the skills necessary to organize, coordinate and supervise staff.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Excel and with the Elite Financial Accounting System.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills that engage others; ability to follow through and maintain effective relationships with attorneys, clients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Baker & Hostetler LLP - 18 months ago