Consider joining Eurofins at Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. With over $1 billion in annual revenues and 12,000 employees across 170 sites in 32 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments. Eurofins at Lancaster Laboratories is searching for an Accounting Manager in the Seattle, WA area. The laboratory technologist will support the overall functions of the laboratory to include patient testing, instrument maintenance, quality control and other duties as assigned. Accounting Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
See Job Description
- Manage the daily activities of the accounting department.
- Collect and provide information for audit inquiries and give assistance to auditors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management and accounting.
- Oversee the posting and maintenance of the general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable and general ledger adjustments.
- Manage corporation taxes with CPA firm
- Provide financial analysis statements including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and actual to budget variance analysis.
- Manage bank relationships and cash flows
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Achieve accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish accounting human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, with ability to manage multiple persons and projects in fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Technical competence in developing budgets, performing actual to budget variance analysis and reporting results to management
- Expert knowledge in accounting and payroll systems, preferably Lawson
- Experience setting up, migrating to and maximizing use of new accounting systems
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures
- Motivation and goal orientation with a "can-do" attitude
- Advance level of proficiency in all Microsoft programs, especially Excel
- CPA preferred Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Master's preferred
- At least 10 years experience in accounting or financial management function
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Seattle, Washington are encouraged to apply. As a full-time employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. Our excellent benefits plan includes comprehensive cafeteria plan medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of...