This position supports the Mill Controller and the mill teams by providing reliable cost analysis and counsel which assists management in maintaining effective cost control; by directly participating in the business planning process; and by implementing corporate financial policy.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize, staff, motivate and lead a highly effective accounting team.
- Manage and coordinate the monthly closing process for raw materials, accounts payable, payroll and sales to ensure that accurate and timely information is provided for both corporate financial reporting and mill cost control. Prepare necessary journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist mill controller with monthly reports for mill management team and division. Provide timely and accurate cost analysis, sound financial advice and counsel to mill management to assist in minimizing manufacturing costs and meeting mill objectives. This includes an analysis of variances from budget and forecasts.
- Supervision of accounts payable, raw materials, payroll and invoicing. Act as backup of these functions when necessary.
- Review freight payments and maintain freight reconciliation.
- Review and approval of AP data entry.
- Provide accounting support for all levels of the business.
- Ensure application of established financial controls within area of responsible by effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies/processes and instructions. Oversee record retention policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
- Assist the mill controller in the preparation of the annual budget and required forecasts. This includes providing analysis and interpretation of financial and statistical data to operating management and by working closely with mill personnel to establish cost forecasts representing good normal operating conditions.
- Assist in Financial and SOV audits
- Perform other related duties as required
- The incumbent should have a broad appreciation and understanding of finance, business management and the interrelationships among these disciplines, as well as a thorough knowledge of cost accounting and general accounting operations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience which includes manufacturing operations and cost analysis as well as supervisory experience and will have demonstrated strengths in analysis, planning and forecasting and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding and ability to implement necessary internal controls, including SOX experience.
- Extensive experience in SAP preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or related field is required.
- CMA or CPA will be considered a plus.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills, detail orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions. Takes initiative and is self-directed.
- High level of integrity to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
- Can work independently without a great need of supervision.
- Can manage multiple projects at one time.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...