Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Responsible for accurate and timely consolidation of financial statements of multiple legal entities and the reporting of financial results to management.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Complete monthly closing process and produce financial reports and consolidating financial statements in a timely manner.
- Complete corporate accounting on a monthly basis
- Prepare account analyses and reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Balance consolidation system and general ledger and complete data load each month
- Generate quarterly reporting packages for the external auditors, prepare fluctuation analyses with explanations and coordinate review meetings.
- Manage the flow of financial information to and from multiple businesses and support teams.
- Maintain the integrity of the consolidation process and system.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and followed so as to strengthen the integrity of financial information and improve the safeguarding of the Company’s assets.
- Fulfill ad-hoc analysis requests from groups in finance and other functional areas.
- Improve processes and controls that ensure the accurate and timely preparation of financial reports.
- Complete other financial reporting tasks or analysis as assigned. Such tasks may include technical research, period close activities, quarterly reporting, assistance in preparation and review of SEC filings and other review/documentation.
- Work on special projects for management as needed.
CPA or a CPA candidate desired.
- Work daily with the controller’s team, finance departments, legal, internal and external auditors, shared services, tax, information systems, SOX and business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- From 5-7 years of progressive business experience with a background in financial accounting, consolidation and reporting under U.S. GAAP. Public auditing experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of accounting theory, analytical and conceptual skills, systems application, accuracy, leadership, motivation, good oral and written communication skills. In addition, this candidate will have great attention to detail, be able to work within tight deadlines and have good technical skills with an aptitude for working in multiple accounting systems and query tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Accounting Systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, Khalix and Hyperion)
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...