- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent concentration
- Masters in Accounting or MBA a plus
- CPA Preferred
- Strong knowledge of FASB, GAAP, and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 requirements
- 5 + years of accounting experience
- Supervisory experience of at least 2 years in a management role overseeing teams of 3+ staff
- Experience with FRx and Epicor a plus
- Treasury experience preferred
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Intermediate experience with Access and Excel (pivot tables and vlookup)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Environmental and Working Conditions:
- Majority of work time is conducted in an office setting and less than 10% may require travel
- Must be available to work various shifts (days, nights and weekends) to include holidays. Occasional weekend work may be required.
LogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare's client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.
We seek an Accounting Manager to join our growing company. The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller and is responsible for assisting with the financial affairs of the organization, including preparation and review of financial analyses of operations, preparation of interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, as well as supervising and executing the month end close processes. This position will be based at our corporate office in Atlanta, Ga (Midtown).
- Key contact person for field operations (markets) to discuss unusual trends and issues which effect cost estimates and actual
- Manages and coordinates month end close process, reviews financial entries and account reconciliations to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and annual audits, including establishing timelines, assisting in the resolution of audit issues, providing information to the auditors as necessary, and distribute information from the auditors to the rest of the Company
- Assists with treasury functions as well as all required documentation with banks/creditors and positive pay daily functions.
- Ensure corporate accounting compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404, including closing process, consolidations and financial reporting. Assist in the drafting of accounting policies and procedures
- Key contact person for Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) expenses, which involves participation in the monthly interaction with market General Managers, Directors of Operations, etc.
- Perform a variety of special projects at the request of Senior Management, including potential visits to business units and special requests regarding various operating and financial issues
LogistiCare is an equal opportunity employer.
Logisticare - 9 months ago
Compassion. Accuracy. Reliability. Efficiency.
Extra CARE makes all the difference...
There is more to non-emergency transportation...