To ensure the overall integrity of the Company’s financial accounting records and system of internal controls. This position oversees the comprehensive books, records and systems of the company and ensures they are maintained in an accurate and controlled manner. The position stays abreast of current accounting and regulatory pronouncements and carries out changes in both form and function of the accounting records to ensure full compliance. The Accounting Manager works with appropriate levels of management to ensure business operations are recorded, analyzed and reported monthly.
1. Oversee the preparation of GAAP financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows) for statutory reporting and tax reporting. Liaison with the financial planning group to develop and improve internal management reporting. Provide internal users including department managers, executive management and Board of Directors with timely action orientated reporting of financial and operating results.
2 .Act as lead Company representative with the annual financial audit and assist with all periodic tax, regulatory, banking and insurance audits. Assist with developing responses to external auditor’s management comment letter.
3. Develop and maintain the intercompany accounting procedures along with related eliminations on an ongoing basis. Ensure that all intercompany transactions in subsidiary financial statements are properly accounted for in order to prepare consolidated financial statements. Reconcile intercompany balances and oversee intercompany cash transactions to help ensure arms-length settlement of intercompany obligations. Analyze and review adequacy of intercompany transfer pricing and implement updates as necessary.
4. Develop and maintain the international accounting process working proactively with transportation, customer service and treasury on an ongoing basis. Ensure that foreign currency transactions are properly accounted for in the general ledger and corresponding gains/losses are properly recorded. Prepare GST/HST tax documents as required for non-domestic business.
5. Assist with international treasury operations including setup of foreign bank accounts as required. Initiate payments to vendors, employees, etc via International ACH or wire. Research banking regulations/procedures as needed to help ensure compliance with prevailing regulations.
6. Manage staff of 10 responsible for all general accounting functions. (Fixed Assets, accounts payable, tax, and cash application
7. Act as primary back up for Treasury functions.
8. Lead completion of annual tax working papers (Unicap, Section 199) for outside tax preparers.
9. Ensure the Company maintains a sound system of internal controls based on the COSO framework.
10. Work with Corporate Controller and Manager of Financial Planning in the preparation and review of the Company’s annual planning and budgeting process. Assist with the development of periodic financial forecasts.
11. Participate in the development or modification of Company computer systems to ensure appropriate financial integrity, controls and audit trails exist for transactions impacting the Company’s reported financial results.
12. Provide ad-hoc analysis of actual results and support on selected projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, CPA, CMA or MBA desired.
Experience: 7 plus years of financial management and accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, public accounting experience a plus. . Consumer products manufacturing experience highly desired
Skills: In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and working knowledge of internal and external reporting standards required. Experience with international accounting principles including transfer pricing, translation and FX accounting. Experience with consolidations and eliminations in a multi-entity legal structure. Experience with server based general ledger systems with Oracle or JD Edwards and the associated sub-ledgers systems along with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products. Experience working directly with IT programming staff and strong understanding of underlying data table structures. High attention to detail. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
Management Skills: Strong analytic, management and leadership skills are required. The Accounting Manager should demonstrate the ability to build a team, mentoring and improving the skills of accountants and developing a customer service culture with the department. Ability to hire, conduct performance reviews and motivate staff.
Internal: Contact with all functional areas in corporate office and operations facilities to share and provide information, problem solving and provide direction.
External: Works with auditors, tax consultants, banking partners and vendors to exchange and provide information.
Work Structure: Works under the direction of the Corporate Controller. Incumbent determines own work priorities to achieve department objectives.
Responsibilities: Provide accurate and timely financial information to top management, Board of Directors, banking partners, auditors and tax preparers. Ensure appropriate accounting practices and tax concerns are in place to meet regulatory requirements. Ensure the necessary internal controls exist to insure safety of the Company’s assets. Manage and develop department staff.
MOM Brands - 9 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...