NRDC is seeking an Accounting Manager to work with the Finance team in our New York office. The Accounting Manager manages a team of four, and reports to the Controller. This position oversees and reviews accounts payable and payroll for both NRDC and NRDC Action Fund, assists in the preparation of internal financial reports and submission of external reporting requirements.
Financial Statements and External Reporting
Accounts Payable and Payroll
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes including the preparation of journal entries, investigation of variances, and preparation of account reconciliations and supplemental schedules.
- Provides support for annual financial statement audit.
- Manages the preparation of the Form 990 and ensures organizational compliance.
- Ensures NRDC and NRDC Action Fund are in compliance with the lobbying and sales tax laws.
- Oversees financial transactional activity for payroll and accounts payable. Ensures all transactions and adjustments are recorded timely and in accordance policy, GAAP and governmental regulations.
- Oversee Amex corporate card and expense report review and processing.
- Maintains and develops policies and procedures. Ensures adequate internal controls.
- Provides leadership to accounting personnel through effective communication, review and support.
- Uploads salary and indirect cost allocations to grants/contracts.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of process improvements.
- Manages two direct reports and two indirect reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive financial accounting experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and FRx preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead during organizational development and transitions.
- Proven experience using technology to improve financial management systems.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date: