The New America Foundation seeks an experience accountant to assist in the management of all areas of financial reporting. This position is primarily responsible for assisting in the day-to-day activities of the accounting department and maintaining a thorough understanding of the job cost ledger. The ideal candidate will be well-organized and self-directed, but also a team player. This position reports to the Controller. |
- Manage daily accounting operations including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assist in grant administration and management to include:
- Prepare budgets
- Monitor financial results
- Maintain and monitor grant due dates
- Prepare financial reports
- Maintain grant files
- Assist in monthly close and financial reporting for policy programs and the entire organization.
- Maintain actual versus budget results for contractors.
- Reconcile certain balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in proposal budget development.
- Prepare schedules for the annual audit.
- Perform additional financial duties as needed.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor ’s degree in accounting.
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work in a faced paced, ever changing environment.
- Experience in accounting software migration a plus.
- CPA or advanced degree a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of non-profit accounting.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- An impeccable attention to detail is a must.
Submit a resume and cover letter which includes salary history and salary requirements. No phone calls, please. Generous salary package commensurate with experience; excellent benefits. The New America Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
New America Foundation - 14 months ago