As Accounting Manager for the Emerging Markets Headquarters you will play a critical role in managing the accounting processes, internal controls, and financial reporting for the Emerging Markets.
This role is directly responsible for:
This role will also have opportunities for short-term assignments to international territories to lead Controlling teams and initiatives.
- Building relationships and partnering with EMHQ functions and EM Territories to assure that transactions and initiatives are accounted for completely and accurately.
- Overseeing the timely and accurate close of the EMHQ financial books on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining the integrity of the Emerging Markets' financial statements and compliance with US GAAP.
- Providing technical accounting support to Emerging Markets territories.
- Driving priority initiatives across territories to achieve more efficient and standardized accounting and financial reporting processes while effectively mitigating risks.
- EMHQ payroll and HR related accounting issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6 - 8 years experience in finance and accounting, preferably with a multi-national Fortune 500 company and/or Big 4 public accounting firm
- CPA is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of US GAAP
- SAP experience is preferred
- Experience with international transactions in a large, multi-national consumer products company.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functional teams to solve problems that enable the business
- Ability to influence and effectively communicate complex topics to a broad and diverse stakeholder group
- Enthusiasm for working with many cultures in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to independently drive and deliver results.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Outlook
Nike - 2 years ago
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....