Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven, well-rounded and experienced Accounting Manager Professional in Menlo Park, California.
The Accounting Manager is a hands on operational management position responsible for the general accounting activities of the company in accordance with GAAP including month-end-close, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management , and other functions. He/she will develop, implement and maintain Company and Accounting policies and procedures. This position reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the General Ledger including sub-ledgers and schedules
• Perform monthly closing process including posting journal entries and account reconcilements including revenue and accounts receivable
• Manage Accounts Payable and the procure to pay cycle
• Responsible for monthly financial reporting and ensure timely and accurate metrics to the management team
• Assist with annual financial external audits and external reporting requirements
• Ensure timely reporting of all sales tax, use tax and other regulatory filings with the appropriate local, state and federal authorities
• Ensure compliance with internal controls and SOX 404 requirements
• Undertake projects relating to process improvement both from a business standpoint and system related
• B.S./B.A. Business or Accounting preferred
• 5-7 years of experience in mid-size company as an Accounting Manager.
Experience and knowledge managing AP, Cash disbursement functions, accrual accounting, and revenue accounting. Experience in payroll, fixed assets accounting, and reconcilement controls a plus.
Ability to work well in a dynamic, results oriented and cross-functional team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are crucial.
• Must have strong work ethic.
• Initiative a must
Pacific Biosciences - 10 months ago
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...