Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
This position is responsible for all financial aspects of operations accounting as a key member of the facility management team.
Key responsibilities are to work closely with operations and accounting management to reduce costs through reporting and analysis, weekly & monthly financial preparation and reporting including budgeting, to assist and direct the development of internal control procedures, standards, and compliance as it pertains to the Sarbanes Oxley Act and to insure adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing or directing preparation of reports summarizing business activity operational expenses and variances.
- Assisting with the development of internal control procedures, standards and compliance.
- Ensuring proper segregation of duties exists and company assets are safeguarded.
- Managing Accounting function at the location to ensure cross-training and adequate coverage across all functions and appropriate staff development.
- Coordinating preparation of yearly budgets.
- Responsible for the preparation of weekly, monthly financials and variance reporting.
- Reconciling appropriate balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Managing and controlling payroll functions.
- Working with internal and external audit agencies on quarterly and annual income statements.
- Responsible for inventory controls and accuracy.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance with 18 credit hours in accounting preferred.
- 5-7 years experience combined operational accounting
- Knowledge of SAP or comparable ERP system, Excel and Microsoft.
- Must be able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare a variety of financial statements, reports and analyses.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing fiscal recordkeeping.
- Understanding of payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong leadership and team skills.
- Knowledge of principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
Pilgrim's - 18 months ago