Roll Global is a privately held, U.S. $2.4 billion
corporation with diverse interests including
agriculture, consumer packaged goods, floral services
and more. With more than 4,000 employees, Roll Global is
a fast-growing company that maintains its
entrepreneurial spirit and high-energy, results-oriented
atmosphere. As a privately held business, the company
has the freedom to make long-term decisions that are
good for the business, its consumers, its employees and
Roll Global’s corporate accounting department in Los
Angeles is looking for an Accounting Manager. This role
will act as a key Manager for the General Ledger team.
The candidate needs to have leadership skills, a CPA,
and experience supervising General Ledger activities.
Experience with ERP/financial systems and business
process and internal controls design is required.
Experience with Oracle Financials a major plus.
Financial systems Implementation experience a major
plus. This position is a full time position.
Primary responsibilities for the role of Accounting
Manager include but are not limited to the following
not limited to posting Journal entries, preparing
- Manage the Month-end close activities including but
account reconciliations and preparing and analyzing
individual company and consolidated companies
- Prepare, review and analyze financial statements for
Balance sheet, Income statement, Cash flow, and Lead
reconciliations implement follow up action plans for
- Review and prepare Asset & liability account
resolution to common recurring issues.
financial statements, or other financial reports to
- Review, prepare and analyze accounting transactions,
assess accuracy, completeness, and provide variance
systems implementation team.
- Manage external audit requests
- Act as the key business liaison for the financial
project planning and project status reporting
- Demonstrate project management skills to provide
Team and Super Users to facilitate effective
- Responsible for coordinating with the Implementation
business process analysis as well as the review of
data required in the design phase: i.e. the Chart of
Accounts (COA), GL account string, Legal entity and
Profit Center/Cost Center configuration
and data validation processes as part of the
- Ability to perform data conversion, data cleansing,
implementation team is required.
and overall strong technical accounting skills
- Senior-level understanding of U.S. GAAP principles
required to financial reporting and month end
closing and consolidations.
customers in the Accounting department as well as to
- Responsible for providing analyses to internal
external customers within the organization
prepare and analyze intercompany transactions and
- Review and prepare Intercompany reconciliations –
implement follow up action plans for resolution to
common recurring issues
reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing
employee reviews and development
- Special projects of a financial nature upon request
- Manage the GL team and provide recommendations on
Accounting is required.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Finance and/or
knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting
- CPA required, an MBA a plus.
- 5 years of experience in Accounting with sound
Principles). This includes the ability to research
the practicable accounting treatment for complex
supervisory experience and providing business
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a leadership role with
advisory services to internal management.
Suite or equivalent ERP, preferably with
- 2 years of experience with Oracle EBS Financial
implementation experience. Position requires in
depth knowledge of GL, FA, AP, T&E workflows and
financial reporting processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
required including documentation and walkthroughs
- Experience with accounting internal controls
requires multi-tasking and excellent communication
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment which
skills. Experience in consumer packaged goods and/or
large private concerns, a plus.
external auditors required.
- Experience with audit requests for internal and
with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Expert computer skills including Microsoft Suite
lines of business.
- Experience working with multiple reporting units and
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
superior teamwork skills.
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency and
Req. Code : 3254
Division/Department : Roll Global LLC
Roll Global LLC - 2 years ago