Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures.
Supervises Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Box office, Vault activity and other accounting functions and personnel.
Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls, as necessary.
- Prepares and performs or assists with event settlements.
- Prepares and performs bank reconciliations.
- Supervises and assists with the preparation of all financial reporting, including:
- Assists with preparation of financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. Works with auditors in verifying financial information/procedures.
- Directly supervises employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting
- Excellent and math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Effective supervisory skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
- B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university or work experience equivalent to such education.
- At least 1 year experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level
Human Resources Designee
SMG managed Albuquerque Convention Center
401 2 nd Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
SMG World - 17 months ago