POSITION: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Accounting Manager at the Sullivan Arena. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance. The primary duties of this position are to supervise day-to-day activities of the Accounting Department and prepare monthly financial statements as well as perform the daily activities of the accounting function at the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare monthly financial statements. This includes the preparation of all journal entries and adjustments, analysis of expense and revenue line items and distribution of reports
• Account reconciliation and analysis
• Supervise Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, and Purchasing functions.
• Prepare event settlements for events taking place at the facility
• Maintain and distribute funds from petty cash drawer
• Interact with other departments and vendors as needed
• Prepare all work papers and financial statements for annual audit and serve as a liaison with outside auditors
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting
• Excellent math skills and attention to details
• Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients
• Detail oriented
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software and be willing to learn and use accounting and financial reporting software
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
• Accounting and supervisory experience required
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
300 Conshohocken State Road
West Conshohocken, PA 19428
No Phone Calls Will Be Accepted.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V