St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.
SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.
St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.
Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
under minimal supervision, manages various Home Health general accounting functions, including but not limited to financial statement review, general ledger reconciliations, tax filings, annual audits, etc.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management Competencies:
Demonstrates competence in communication, interpersonal
relations and leading courageously.
Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, teamwork, motivating and developing others, problem-solving and decision making, displaying financial understanding, managing daily operations, and demonstrating business / job specific knowledge.
Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus, adaptability, and shaping change.
Demonstrates competence in community orientation, stewardship, and strategic planning and action.
- Manage Home Health general accounting function, including supervision of staff to ensure data accuracy, timely processing and system integrity.
- Familiarity with revenue recording, accounts receivable and bad debt analysis.
- Coordinate and prepare cost reporting and other statutory tax filing requirements.
- Act as technical expert and key contact for Home Health accounting and other tax related matters.
- Oversee timely and accurate monthly financial close, account reconciliations and management reporting.
- Interface with varying levels of management at Home Health and System Office, operate as the point of contact for Human Resources, Billing and Collections, etc.
- Develop and ensure accounting processes to provide adequate internal controls, evaluate process work flow for best practices and streamline for efficiency.
- Interact with various internal and external parties, including management, vendors, auditors, etc.
- Various ad hoc reports, analysis and reconciliation.
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Good understanding of accounting theory and generally accepted accounting practices.
Technical knowledge of general ledger and related tax matters.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines.
Good human relations and communication skills.
Ability to develop policies and processes.
Technical research skills.
Good judgement and decision-making skills.
Teamwork and collaboration characteristics.
Ability to lead others.
Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and
Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
May require minimal travel.
Understanding of MAS 200 system.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
5 - 7 years of Accounting experience, including experience supervising others.
License / Certification:
Preferred Position Qualifications:
3345 Michelson Drive
3345 Michelson Drive
St. Joseph Health - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three...